How the Olympus Website Handles Personal Information
At Olympus Imaging Singapore (referred to below as "we / us / our"), we are deeply aware of the importance of your personal information. We consider that it is our social obligation to properly handle and thoroughly protect all personal information that you provide to us.
This page describes our policy for handling personal information on the Website with domain name, "www.olympus.com.sg" (referred to below as "this Website"). Note that this policy does not apply to our other websites in Japan or those of our overseas affiliates. Please inquire each entity about its policy.
1. What Is "Personal Information"?
Your Personal Information is any information by which you can be identified, such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, etc.
2. Your Provision Of Personal Information
You may access to almost all of the services on this Website without providing any Personal Information. It is up to you whether you provide us with your Personal Information. However, if you do not provide us with Personal Information, please be aware that some services may not be available to you. Additionally, if you are under the age of 18, please get the consent of your parent or guardian before providing your Personal Information.
Before we ask for your Personal Information, we will always inform you of the purpose of use of the Personal Information, and will only ask you to provide your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to fulfill that purpose.
3. Our Use Of Personal Information
We will use your Personal Information only within the scope of the purpose which we indicate beforehand. In case it becomes necessary for us to use your Personal Information for any other purpose, we will inform you of the other purpose for your prior consent. If you do not agree with the revised purpose, you can refuse its use by us for that the revised purpose at your own discretion.
4. Non-disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties, unless disclosed under one or more of the following conditions:
- Where we receive your consent.
- Where we disclose your Personal Information to third party who are bound by non-disclosure agreement with us and only for the purpose to which you consent.
- When your Personal Information is used as statistical data in such way that you cannot be identified.
- When we are required to disclose your Personal Information by law, judicial order, or the like.
- When there is an urgent need to disclose your Personal Information in order to protect fundamental interest such as human life, physical safety, property etc.
5. Management of Personal Information
We manage your Personal Information properly and carefully. We take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accessed improperly, lost, corrupted, hacked, leaked, or stolen.
6. Conforming, Correcting, and deleting Personal Information
If you wish to confirm, correct, remove, or otherwise deal with your Personal Information that you have provided to us, please contact a customer representative. We will respond to your request in any reasonable manner. Otherwise, your Personal Information will not be altered since we always confirm your identity.
Some pages on this Website use a technology called Cookies *.You may make your browser reject Cookies. However, in this case, you may not use some or all of the services on this Website.
- * "Cookies" is a small text file sent to you from a Web server, and saved on your computer's hard disk or other storage device by your browser. Since the Web server can identify your computer which received Cookies we have sent, it allows the Web server to offer you an information selected especially for you.
8. Our Stance
We protect your Personal Information according to Japanese laws, and we make continuous efforts to revise and improve the contents of this page.
9. Questions or Comments about this Page
If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact
Customer Care Hotline: 1800-OLYMPUS (1800-6596787)